Some things are just better together! Whether you’re with your coworkers, friends, or fellow members of your civic organization, volunteering can be a great team-building experience.
When can my group volunteer?
We have 4-hour shifts for volunteer groups every day from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. at both Ronald McDonald House locations.
When you complete the Group Volunteer application, you will have an opportunity to list three preferred dates. We will do our best to accommodate your choices.
How many people can we bring?
Due to space limitations in the House and concern for the privacy and well-being of our families, please limit your volunteer group to 20 or less for one House. We can accommodate groups of up to 40 by splitting between the two Houses.
We can also provide suggestions for projects that can be done at your workplace.
Types of group volunteer activities
- Assembling toiletry kits for 59 guest rooms (contents for toiletry kits provided by group)
- Assembling comfort kits (goodie bags with playing cards, small toys, etc.) for guest rooms (contents for comfort kits provided by group)
- Assembling snack packs for our in-hospital Family Gathering Rooms (individual snacks provided by group)
- Assistance with cleaning
Additional guidelines for group volunteers
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court mandated community service volunteers.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age; volunteers 15 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times.
- Upon arrival to the RMH, each individual, age 16 and up, will be checked against the National Sex Offender Public Registry. No one who is a registered sex offender or who has been convicted of a crime against children will be allowed on RMH property.
How to sign up
At least one member of the group will act as a representative and primary contact for the entire group and complete the online Group Volunteer Application.
As the representative, the person who completes this application will be required to indicate agreement to RMH policies, rules, code of conduct, releases and guidelines for all members of the group.
Completing this application does not guarantee you a group volunteer opportunity at RMH. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMH staff member will contact you to schedule a group activity.
Email our Volunteer Manager Chris Muszynski or give her a call at (407) 206-0957 ext. 107.