This initiative is good for Ronald McDonald House families, local schools, and the environment. We can all do a little to make a big difference in our community!
What is a pop tab?
Pop tabs are the little aluminum tabs from all kinds of cans: soda, some pet food, canned fruits, vegetables, and more.
How do pop tabs help the Ronald McDonald House?
Once the pop tabs are collected, they are taken to be recycled in exchange for dollars, which support the children and families we serve at our Houses.
Since 1996, the RMHCCF Pop Tabs program has collected over 80 tons of pop tabs and raised over $180,000 to benefit the children and families staying at the two Ronald McDonald House locations in Orlando.
2013-2014 Pop Tabs School Contest Winners!
Through our school contest, kids learn the importance of philanthropy and recycling in an easy, fun way. This year the participating schools collected a total of 16,385 pounds of pop tabs, generating nearly $11,000 for RMHCCF!
Congratulations to the following schools for winning the 2013-2014 Pop Tabs School Contest!
- Brevard – Imperial Lakes Elementary - 1,483 lbs.
- Flagler – Bunnell Elementary - 248 lbs.
- Lake – Villages Elementary of Lady Lake - 1,245 lbs.
- Marion – Howard Middle School - 187 lbs.
- Orange – Audubon Park Elementary - 280 lbs.
- Osceola – Lakeview Elementary - 635 lbs.
- Seminole – Geneva Elementary School - 425 lbs.
- Sumter – Lake Panasoffkee Elementary - 541 lbs.
- Volusia – Woodward Avenue Elementary - 290 lbs.
One school from each eligible Central Florida County will win a $500 school supply shopping spree and a 2013-2014 Pop Tabs School Contest trophy!
Do I have to be associated with a school to collect pop tabs?
No. We have many workplaces, churches, and civic organizations who collect pop tabs. We’d love to have you and your group participate, too!
Here’s how easy it is to make a difference in the lives of the families who turn to the Ronald McDonald House program during a child’s medical crisis:
- Pop off those tabs from your beverage and soda cans.
- Save them in any container.
- Bring them to the House at 2201 Alden Road or the House at 1630 Kuhl Avenue in Orlando.
- From there, we will take the tabs to a recycling center to be weighed in exchange for funds.
Please email Kayla Smith or give her a call at (407) 206-0957 ext. 110.
Thank You Pop Tab School Contest Sponsors!