This initiative is good for Ronald McDonald House families, local schools, and the environment. We can all do a little to make a big difference in our community!
What is a pop tab
Pop tabs are the little aluminum tabs from all kinds of cans: soda, some pet food, canned fruits, vegetables, and more.
How do pop tabs help the Ronald McDonald House?
Once the pop tabs are collected, they are taken to be recycled in exchange for dollars, which support the children and families we serve at our Houses. Since 1996, the RMHCCF Pop Tabs program has collected over 197 tons of pop tabs and raised over $210,000 to benefit the children and families staying at the two Ronald McDonald House locations in Orlando.
2014-2015 Winning Schools
Congratulations to the winning schools from all 9 Central Florida Counties:
- Brevard County - Imperial Estates Elementary - 1,590 lbs.
- Flagler County - Bunnell Elementary School - 246 lbs.
- Lake County - Villages Elementary - 2,021 lbs.
- Marion County - Howard Middle School - 216 lbs.
- Orange County - Hidden Oaks Elementary - 282 lbs.
- Osceola County - Lakeview Elementary - 524 lbs.
- Seminole County - Geneva Elementary - 421 lbs.
- Sumter County - Lake Panasoffkee Elementary - 475 lbs.
- Volusia County - Port Orange Elementary - 274 lbs.
We appreciate the ongoing support of our mission through our Pop Tabs School Contest!
On Earth Day - Tuesday, April 21, 2015 – WKMG-TV/LOCAL 6 reporter David Hall will broadcast LIVE from one of the winning schools. The other winning schools will receive their prize sometime before the end of the school year.
Do I have to be associated with a school to collect pop tabs?
No. We have many workplaces, churches, and civic organizations who collect pop tabs. We’d love to have you and your group participate, too!
Here’s how easy it is to make a difference in the lives of the families who turn to the Ronald McDonald House program during a child’s medical crisis:
- Pop off those tabs from your beverage and soda cans.
- Save them in any container.
- Bring them to the RMH at 2201 Alden Rd. or the RMH at 1630 Kuhl Ave. in Orlando.
- From there, we will take the tabs to a recycling center to be weighed in exchange for funds.
Please email Kayla Jones or give her a call at (407) 206-0957 ext. 110.
Thank You Pop Tab School Contest Sponsors!